Friday, September 28, 2007

VACATION

"Vacation" Yes, that's right. After 9 years of no vacation away from home, we went to North Myrtle Beach. (I) had a GREAT time of walking the beach, shopping, spending time with family, sitting in the chair at the edge of the ocean and letting the waves come in over my feet, sitting on the balcony of the condo and just looking out over the ocean, watching whatever was going on out there and talking to other vacationers walking their dogs on the beach. It was wonderful. It was calming. We (brother John) and I were up every morning to see the sun rise out of the ocean. What a beautiful picture God paints for us every day if we just slow down long enough to look at it.

One morning when Ronnie and I were setting on the balcony (6th floor) and looking out to the ocean, the song "What a Wonderful World" played on the radio. The timing of that song was perfect for that scene.

However, Ronnie had a senior moment on Monday. My sister-in-law, her son, her mother and I went shopping. That left my brother and Ronnie home alone from about 9AM till about 5PM. Well, they went down to the beach FOR THE DAY. Ronnie got a very bad sunburn on his feet!! He ended up in urgent care twice. He could not wear shoes at all. The only thing he could get on his feet were flip flops. If you know Ronnie, he DOES NOT like flip flops and would NEVER wear them. NEVER SAY NEVER. Well, guess what. He had to buy a pair and wear them. Actually he could not really even walk. He shuffled. If you see him, ask him why he isn't wearing his new shoes (FLIP FLOPS). One of his good friends even sent him a new pair in the mail. She didn't want him to know who they were from, but the post office made her put her return address on the envelope. Isn't it fun to have friends with a sense of humor. I LOVE IT!! We have to laugh at ourselves don't we.

We all had such a great time we are already talking about what we are going to do next year.
I love spending time with my family. We are thinking ............?????? about asking the kids if they want to go too. WHAT ARE WE THINKING! The little ones (5 grandchildren)are 2 - 16 plus 7 adult children and spouses, plus one mother-in-law (my brother's). I guess we will see if that happens.

Well, Ashley turned 17 on the 25th. She is sooooooo Ashley. I don't know where she gets her wisdom sometimes. I am so proud of her for some of the choices she makes. But..... today she is getting 4 wisdom teeth cut out and 4 other teeth pulled. Her mouth is to small for all those teeth. I don't know what that will do for her wisdom. (Just talked to Mindy. Ashley seems to be doing ok. She isn't even sleeping. WOW. She is tough like her grandma. :-) We are sooo blessed to have 4 beautiful granddaughters.

We are having a family room put on the back of our house. That's all I have to say about that right now. I think I may be being taught more patience or something. Its going really slow! Hopefully it will be done by Christmas.

Ok, I guess thats it for now. Life is good!

No comments: